No. 20 Rheem Toyota Camry TRD news and notes:
- BELL IN THE WORLD TECHNOLOGY RACE: The NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) will compete in the World Technology Race (WWTR) for the first time this weekend. Bell knows how to get around the 1,250-mile oval. In 2016, Bell recalled a checkered flag while competing in the Truck Series. In two NASCAR starts, WWTR Bell beat 45 laps, earning one victory, one top five and two top 10 finishes.
- GETS THE BASIS: Bellas goes to St. Louis and successfully topped the top five, finishing in the top 10 in the last four NCS races.
- COKE 600 RECAP: Bell took third place in the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway, the longest race of the season. No. 20 The Toyota Camry TRD started comfortably but came loose with the wheels. Bell finished third in the round but had problems on boxing in the second and third rounds. No. 20 lost the wheel when the tire fell under the green, but was the recipient of a “lucky dog” at the beginning of the final stage. Bell broke into the top five, but got free and had to drive 13 laps. He managed to beat the “wave” and return to the leading circle for the NASCAR extension to complete the race. The bell was restarted 14th and skillfully maneuvered forward to win fifth place.
- RHEEM’S 15th Jubilee: No. 20 Rheem Toyota Camry TRD will be marked with a commemorative logo in honor of Rheem 15th anniversary as a sponsor of the NASCAR national series. Rheem has been working with Bell since 2019. and drove the first NCS victory.
- JGR ŠV. LOUIS: JGR has 22 NXS starts in WWTR, earning one victory in 2009, six top five and nine top ten.
- COMPETITION INFORMATION: The Enjoy Illinois 300, introduced by TicketSmarter to the World Wide Technology Raceway, begins in 2022. Sunday, June 5, 3:30 p.m. ET. The race will be broadcast live on FS1, Sirius XM 90 and MRN radio.
From the cab:
Christopher Bellas: “This weekend will be new to everyone and will be really fun with these transmissions, as we’ve made a lot of shifts on those tracks we didn’t expect, and we know it will be a transition to the Gateway, so it will definitely add another element to the race. This is a truly unique race track as turns 1, 2, 3 and 4 are completely different. There’s a new cover from the last stay there, and it would be nice to have more time to train in the car. There are a lot of strangers, but I’m glad.
“Bacon fanatic. Social media enthusiast. Music practitioner. Internet scholar. Incurable travel advocate. Wannabe web junkie. Coffeeaholic. Alcohol fanatic.”